For the past nine months your UFF-UF bargaining team has been negotiating with the UF Board of Trustees’ (BOT) bargaining team over the terms of the 2020-2022 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Our team has proposed a series of improvements to the current CBA. Their team has not yet responded to most of them, nor has it put many proposals of its own on the table. Because of this, we expect bargaining to continue well into Spring 2020.
Fortunately, until these negotiations conclude, and until a new CBA is ratified by the faculty and the BOT, the current CBA will remain in effect.
In the meantime, we will continue to fight for:
- a better program of paid family, medical, and parental leave
- affordable childcare
- job security for non-tenure track faculty
- higher pay and better working conditions for P.K. Yonge faculty
- salary minimums, increased promotion raises, and equity raises
- stronger tenure protections
But we can win these only with your solidarity and support. Please help us, and thereby help yourself and your colleagues, by planning to attend bargaining sessions when these resume in January. For updates and the latest bargaining schedule, visit uff-uf.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. To join UFF-UF, click here.