On September 6 and 7, voting will take place on the ratification of the 2017 Amendment of Article 24 (SALARIES) to the 2017-2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement between the UF Chapter of United Faculty of Florida and the UF Board of Trustees.
SUMMARY OF THE SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT
- 3% of base is to be allocated for merit raises, according to the merit procedures in each department or unit’s bylaws. These raises are effective on January 1, 2018.
- 2% of base from the administration’s discretionary funds to be dedicated to equity increases. Deans are required to consult with department chairs to determine these equity increases, which will be retroactive to August 15, 2017.
HOW TO VOTE
- Vote in person on campus, Wednesday Sept. 6 or Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017, 10 am – 2 pm at one of the following locations:
- NE entrance to the Reitz Union
- Library West Colonnade
- PK Yonge School: Rep Renee Andrews will confirm voting times and locations for all bargaining unit employees at PKY
- Vote in person at the UFF Social Wednesday September 6, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., Holiday Inn University, Corner of 13th and University Ave. Free parking at the hotel. All are welcome; no RSVP needed.
- Vote by mail. Carefully follow the instructions below for securing your secret-ballot vote.
- Print the ballot and fill in the blank for Yes or No. 2017 Ballot (pdf)
- Place the ballot in a blank envelope and seal it. Put nothing on this envelope.
- Place that unmarked envelope into another envelope, seal it, then clearly print and sign your name on the back of the envelope.
- Mail the ballot by Thursday, August 31st to ensure arrival by the final vote count September 7, to UFF c/o Alachua County Labor Coalition, P.O. Box 12051, Gainesville, Florida 32604.