The United Faculty of Florida (UFF) and PK Yonge Developmental Research School (PKY) at the University of Florida have reached an agreement with the UF administration on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). This MOU codifies changes in working conditions at PKY for the Fall 2020 semester resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak. It also reflects recent changes in the Florida Department of Education’s requirements for K-12 school reopening plans as well as the University of Florida’s guidelines for reopening.
Note: This PKY MOU is separate from the UF faculty MOU which is currently being negotiated by the UFF Bargaining Team. If you would like to attend live bargaining meetings, you can find Zoom links on our UFF website!
For this MOU to take effect, it must be ratified by a vote of the bargaining unit. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, this vote can be conducted online. Voting will begin Monday August 3 at 12 pm, and conclude on Wednesday August 5 at 11 pm.
Vote YES to approve this MOU so that it can take effect; vote NO to reject this MOU.
Directions for voting
- Members of the bargaining unit should receive an email from “Helios Voting Administrator” with the subject “Vote on the COVID-19 PKY Fall 2020 MOU.”
- At the bottom of the email look for your unique username and password (do not share!).
- Click on the voting link.
- Vote. Vote YES to approve this MOU so that it can take effect; vote NO to reject this MOU.
- Authenticate your vote with your username and password.
If you do not receive an email from “Helios Voting Administrator” or have other problems voting, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org